Game Day Operations Intern
The Ventura County Pirates Baseball Club, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at Los Angeles Valley College, in Los Angeles, California, seeks qualified game day operations interns to assist in the smooth functioning of each home game for the Pirates.
Ideal candidates will bring a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure the player and fan experience at each game is flawless.
You will gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from the General Manager and other members of our team.
Duties for Game Day Operations Interns will consist of, but not be limited to:
• Reports directly to the Director of Baseball Operations
• Manage gate and welcome guests for all home games
• Assist in planning and preparing for each home game
• Attend all home games
• Assist in running all aspects of stadium operations including game day information and general stadium cleanliness
• Help to maintain stadium policies regarding customer service and other issues
• Assist in any area needed by Director of Baseball Operations
• Assist in the setup/tear-down of various areas before and after each home game
• Creative mindset
• Immediate computer skills & tablet skills (Word, Excel, email, digital photography)
• Good communication skills
• Comfortable working closely with baseball intern staff members
• Stipend - $300.00
• College students can earn college credit. Accepted interns need to pre-arrange with their respective academic departments at their college/university to ensure a specific internship opportunity meets academic credit requirements.
• Meals – Interns will have meals provided when on the road traveling with players.
• Attire – Interns will be provided with team logo apparel to wear at games.