The Ventura County Pirates Baseball Club, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at Los Angeles Valley College, in Los Angeles, California, seeks interns with solid knowledge and understanding of marketing and increasing awareness of a sports team.
Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a collaborate environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and have a passion for the sport of college baseball.
The Ventura County Pirates Baseball Club is seeking qualified interns to join our marketing team whose main goal is to increase attendance and awareness. Interns will propose potential campaigns to raise awareness in the community, the media, and organic social media. This intern should be prepared to work in a collaborate, team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of sports marketing.
• Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock-ups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Graduate and/or Undergraduate student majoring in Sales, Marketing, or Advertising
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of social media
• Self-starter, driven, with a solid work ethic
• Ability to take direction and multi-task
• Graphic design, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel experience a plus benefits
• Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
• Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
• Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
• Flexible schedule for students compensation
• Stipend - $300.00
• Meals – Interns will have meals provided when on the road traveling with players.
• Attire – Interns will be provided with team logo apparel to wear at games.