SALES & SPONSORSHIP INTERNSHIP
The Ventura County Pirates Baseball Club, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Los Angeles Valley College in Los Angeles, California, seeks baseball interns with solid knowledge and understanding of the outside sales and sponsorship medium.
As a Sales & Sponsorship Intern, you will play a key role in driving sales and branding efforts across multiple VC Pirates platforms and marketing arenas. The position will play a lead role in building and developing long-term strategy to support both sponsor and Pirates objectives. Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and have a passion for the sport of college baseball.
Rally Factory was a sponsor of the VC Pirates Baseball Club in 2021.The VC Pirates Baseball Club is looking for a qualified sales and sponsorship intern to assist in securing advertising revenue utilizing the potential of in- game signage, Public Address announcements, social media and broadcast sponsorships, and sponsor marketing, etc. Ideal candidates will bring new and innovative sales and sponsorship ideas to assist in increasing overall budget. Those selected will gain hands-on experience working on challenging and meaningful projects with guidance from the General Manager and other members of our team.
Sales Intern Duties and Responsibilities
• Research and generate lists of potential advertisers and sponsors
• Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
• Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
• Assist in targeting and recognizing new sponsorship opportunities
• Learn and apply sales techniques
• Maintain sales records
• Sales, Advertising, Marketing or Business major
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
• Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel preferred
• Work on challenging and engaging real-world projects
• Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales process
• Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
• Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
• Stipend - $300.00
• Meals – Interns will have meals provided when on the road traveling with players.
• Attire – Interns will be provided with team logo apparel to wear at games.