Social Media Intern
The Ventura County Pirates Baseball Club, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at Los Angeles Valley College, in Los Angeles, California, seeks interns with working knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
The Pirates Baseball Club is looking for qualified interns to inform fans and family of players via social media of game line-ups, post-game interviews, in-game score changes, and overall promote the team via digital social media.
This position requires attendance at home and road games, (40 games spanning from June through early August) applicants are expected to work four (4) to five (5) hours per game. This includes pre-game, in-game and post-game promotion of team activities and events.
Candidates chosen for this position will work within a team atmosphere with two (2) or three (3) other Social Media staffers. Road game assignments will be divided equally within the Social Media department staff. Any lodging and per diem costs while on road game assignments will be provided by the team.
Duties for the Social Media intern will consist of, but not be limited to:
• Attend all Pirates home games and some road games
• Live tweet game results as they happen
• Publish images to Instagram promoting Pirates activities
• Post to Pirates Facebook page promoting Pirates activities
• Publish interviews with players or coaches following each home game
• Adhere to standards and practices put forth by Pirates management
• Knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, TikTok & Facebook
• Good organizational skills
• Good team player with great attitude
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Ability and willingness to work varied hours
• Stipend - $300.00
• College students can earn college credit. Accepted interns need to pre-arrange with their respective academic departments at their college/university to ensure a specific internship opportunity meets academic credit requirements.
• Meals – Interns will have meals provided when on the road traveling with players.
• Attire – Interns will be provided with team logo apparel to wear at games.